My name is Veranda Lyman LVN. I am the school nurse for the Navarro Intermediate campus.
I have been a nurse for along time for over 30 years. I have 13 years of school nursing experience.
I am very excited to be here and I will be making sure that all of our student's are well and healthy to attend school.
If you have any question or health concerns please call me at 372-1943 ext 3012
Students must have the required vaccinations before they can attend the 2016-2017 school year. Please contact the school nurse if you have questions about vaccination requirements.
Additional vaccine requirements for students entering 7th grade and 8th grade:
- 2 doses of varicella for students entering 7th - 8th grade
- 1 booster dose of tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (Tdap) for students entering 7th grade, if at least 5 years have passed since the last dose of tetanus-diphtheria containing vaccine
- 1 dose of meningococcal for students entering 7th - 8th grade
Please remember strep throat and the flu are around so:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Do not share food or drinks
- Eat healthy foods
- Get 8 hours of sleep nightly
- Exercise, Exercise, Exercise
We do encourage you to send your child to school healthy. some reasons to keep your child at home are:
- Vomiting during the night
- Possible pinkeye
- Unexplained rash
- Fever above 100 - A child must be fever free for 24 hours (without medication to bring down a fever such as Tylenol or Ibuprofen) before returning to school.
Other parents do not want your child to share any of these things with their child.