2020-2021 STUDENT REGISTRATION
All students, returning and new to Navarro ISD, will be required to prove residency for the 2020-2021 school year. Residency verification dates, document requirements and verification process will be posted to the District website in June 2020.
Online registration will be available for returning students for the 2020-2021 school year. Online registration dates will be posted to the District website in June 2020.
New Student Registration will be held onsite at Navarro High School August 3 - 7, 2020. Additional details concerning times, documentation and process will be posted to the District website in June 2020.
Kindergarten, Pre-School and Pegasus students will complete registration during New Student Registration held August 3 - 7, 2020 at Navarro High School. Additional information and details will be posted to the District website in June 2020.
2019-2020 STUDENT REGISTRATION
The registration process is required for all students planning to attend a Navarro ISD School in the 2019-2020 School Year. There are two major requirements that must be met by all students: Residency and Registration.
For new and returning students, residency verification must be completed prior to the online registration process. Residency verification must be completed at Navarro Junior High School.
Class Schedules will not be provided until the residency and registration requirements are met.
Navarro ISD requires all students to live within the boundaries of the school district. To prove residency, please take/send appropriate documentation to the Navarro Junior High Office. Documents may be presented at the Junior High Campus in person or sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 830-379-3135. Please ensure that the following documents are presented for this process. Students will not be assigned classes for the school year until this process is complete.
Navarro ISD has determined that the following items are acceptable documents for proof of residency.
You must provide one of these documents:
- Property tax statement or Rental agreement/Landlord Statement or Real estate contract
- Two Concurrent Utility bills (electric or water) No phone bills and a Photo ID
If at any time campus or district personnel suspects that a student no longer resides in the district, the parent, military guardian, court-appointed legal guardian or person acting as a parent must provide proof of residency. Failure to provide appropriate documentation will result in immediate withdrawal of the student.
Presenting a false record or falsifying records is an offense under Section 37.10, Penal code, and enrollment of the child under false documents subjects the person to liability for tuition or other costs. TEC Sec. 25.002(3)(d).
PRE-KINDERGARTEN ENROLLMENT INFORMATION PRE-K ELIGIBILITY
To be eligible for the Pre- Kindergarten program, your child must be 4 years of age by Sept. 1 and meet an eligibility requirement as required by Texas law. No exceptions can be made:
- The child is unable to speak and comprehend the English language and are Limited English Proficiency (LEP) students. Students must complete a Home Language Survey and the child must qualify on the Pre -IDEA Proficiency Test (Pre-IPT), which will be administered at registration
- The child is educationally (economically) disadvantaged: Eligible to participate in theNational Free or Reduced-Price Lunch Program based on family income. Eligible by having a food stamp or Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) Eligibility Group Number (EDG#).
- The child is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 11302.
- The child has a parent or official guardian that is an active duty member of the Armed Forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority. This includes uniformed service members who are Missing in Action (MIA).
- The child has a parent or official guardian that is a member of the Armed Forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty. The term “member of the armed forces” includes:• active duty uniformed members (parents or official guardians) of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, or Coast Guard who are assigned to duty stations in Texas or who are Texans who have eligible children residing in Texas; activated/ mobilized uniformed members of the Texas National Guard (Army or Air Guard), or activated/mobilized members of the Reserve components of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, or Coast Guard who are Texas residents regardless of the location of the reserve unit; and uniformed service members who are Missing in Action (MIA).
- The child has ever been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS), as well as children in a conservatorship as a result of an adversary hearing. This includes children returned to home, kinship placement, and/or adoptions.
Before registration will be completed, all students entering a Navarro ISD school for the first time must have:
- Proof of residency –
- Current household utility statement in the parent’s or guardian’s name (gas, electric, water, telephone) showing an address within the District’s boundaries. 911 address only, no PO boxes.
- A recently paid rent receipt.
- A current lease agreement.
- Sworn affidavit of parent or guardian that the parent or guardian and the child seeking admission are bona fide residents of the District, i.e., that they eat, sleep, and maintain clothing and other personal effects at an address within the District’s boundaries shown on the application for admission.
- If proof of residence is not in parent’s name, you must have a notarized Host Family Form signed by the residence owner.
Please note: *current means within 30 days of registration.
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s social security card
- Child’s current immunization record
- Your child must be available for testing if qualifying based on limited English Language Proficiency.
- Income information on all household members
- Active duty military participation will require the following documents: Department of Defense Identification and a Statement of Service from the Adjutant General/ Director of Human Resources or an official letter from a commander that he/she is active/mobilized.